Blog Entry – Back in Berlin



Dear Readers,

Sadly, my time in Zagreb at Slava Raskaj is over. The last few days were already taken over by a

strange atmosphere, because we knew, that we would be leaving soon. We said goodbye to all our

co-workers and the children and got so many great presents. For me, it was very emotional, knowing

that those were our last days.

On the 22nd of December, after saying our goodbyes to the beloved apartment, me and my friend

Annie were leaving via Train and went on our 13-hour trip back home to Berlin. In the train, we saw

the sun rise and disappear again. We had some troubles with the punctuality of our trains, but finally

we arrived at the train station a little late and when it was already dark. Back home, we were greeted

by our friends and family, that we`ve been missing so bad those last three months and I was also

welcomed by my cat Carlos.

It feels weird to not have a routine anymore and I miss the city a lot, as well as work. I am glad

though, to be able to follow my hobbies and interests again, in a capacity, that I wasn’t able to in

Croatia. My friends and family must listen to my stories and memories from my time in Zagreb

nonstop, but they`re interested and my family even wants to visit Croatia and Zagreb for the

upcoming summer holidays. To remind me of my great time at Slava Raskaj, I have a lot of Photos,

new clothes, a new tattoo and of course many memories, I can gladly share with Annie. The

Christmas atmosphere is something I miss especially. In Berlin, the streets aren’t decorated with

shining Christmas lights, as they are in Zagreb. But I enjoy, celebrating Christmas with my family and

friends at home. I feel, and my parents also told me, that I seemed to have grown a lot over those

three months in a different country and I am still so glad that I`ve been able to join the project and

learned so many new things and skills, saw such stunning places and met so many wonderful people.

Then, with the new year, looking back, my time in Zagreb was the best part of 2022 for me. Thanks to

those experiences, I can start into the new year motivated and with more trust in myself and my

abilities. I`m looking forward to working on the things I love and to start studying in Fall. I will surely

never forget about my time in Croatia and it will go on to inspire me. I definitely plan on coming back.

Zagreb will always have a special place in my heart.



Primjedbe

Popularni postovi s ovog bloga

Volontiranje - Sara Blažeković

Prvi Dio moga volontiranja

Novi Vinodolski maturalno putovanje