My Time in Sarajevo.



About a week ago I came back from my on-arrival training in Sarajevo. I was very much looking forward to it, in particular to all the input, to meeting other volunteers, and of course, seeing Sarajevo. It was great to share stories and experiences with the group. I also got closer to Tonka because we shared a room and it was nice to get to know her better. Besides Tonka, I made friends with one girl from Portugal, Ana, and Marlen who is also from Germany.

During the Training, we learned about volunteering, for example how to cope with conflicts, key competencies that we are earning, cultural adaptation, solidarity, our support system, and rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. The Trainers Jelena and Henk also told us about the history of ex-Yugoslavia and their personal experiences and gave us some film recommendations. On the last day, we had space to present to the group what games we are doing if we are working with kids and young people. I did a drama workshop with the whole group which was a lot of fun. After the week I feel even more grateful for my experience and the people at the center.

At the end of the week, I spontaneously decided to stay in Sarajevo with Marlen for the weekend. That gave us some more time to visit the city and become friends 😊. We are still in contact, she has family in Zagreb and is going to visit me in 2 weeks.

My time in Sarajevo motivated me to integrate more which is why I auditioned for the University Choir of Zagreb University. I got in and now I am joining the choir for Christmas time and the upcoming concerts. I already met a girl at the rehearsal with whom I will go to the Milky Chance concert in Zagreb tomorrow.

Annie




Primjedbe

Popularni postovi s ovog bloga

Volontiranje - Sara Blažeković

Prvi Dio moga volontiranja

Novi Vinodolski maturalno putovanje