NOVA VOLONTERKA ANNIE

Finally in Zagreb

My Name is Annie, I am 20 years old, from Berlin and volunteering at the Center Slava Raskaj from

now on until September. And this is my story of how I got here:

Last autumn I was traveling Croatia with my older sister Sarah. We mostly visited Zadar and the

Islands around but also the Plitvice Lakes and I fell in love with the country. Our last day we spend in

Zagreb. After arriving at the Bus station we bought ourselves corn and sat down at Park Zrinjevac. It

was a warm and sunny autumn day at the beginning of October and I remember saying to my sister:

„One day I want to live here. Maybe just for a few months but I feel good about this city". In the

evening we went to a Food-Film Festival and had a lovely time.

Half a year later I was visiting a Friend in southern France who was volunteering through the

European Solidarity Corps. I wanted to do something similar and started browsing websites of

different volunteering programs. A few days later an opportunity through the ESC popped up. It was

in Zagreb and they were looking for an enthusiastic, motivating person and I thought- that's for me.

And maybe fate, it would be silly to not be applying after I told everyone back in Berlin what a nice

city Zagreb was. So I grabbed my things and went to the Cours Julien, a very famous place in

marseille crowded with young international people doing Erasmus and I wrote a motivation letter

while picturing myself as being one of them in a few months. I had an interview, it fit, and now I'm in

Zagreb, volunteering at the Project „Unstoppable Together". I am very excited to get to know the

Students and the city

Below you can find a few pictures of me and my sister on our last trip to Croatia and maybe

understand why I so urgently wanted to come back.

You will hear from me again,

Annie





Primjedbe

Popularni postovi s ovog bloga

Volontiranje - Sara Blažeković

Prvi Dio moga volontiranja

Novi Vinodolski maturalno putovanje