ANNIE - FIRST DAYS IN ZAGREB

My first days in Zagreb

I decided to come by train again, like last year. I found a very nice connection with which I just

needed to change trains once, in Munich. I got on the train at 8 am at Berlin Hauptbahnhof and

traveled via Austria and Slovenia to Zagreb. For a few years, I try not to go by plane whenever It is

possible due to climate change. The train ride took me around 13 hours but I find it a good

alternative and also very cozy especially when it rains outside as it did. There are also nice

possibilities to go by night train from Germany to Croatia which I am maybe going to try for my

departure. I got picked up at the train station and we went to the apartment by tram. I like the

apartment very much, we have a big living room and a balcony with a stunning view. Still tired from

the trip I got to Center Slava Raskaj the next morning and finally met Brigita and Nina and all the

other People at the Center. And then the kids woke me up with their questions! They prepared

questions for me and I got to ask them some questions back. I was really surprised how soon they

opened up to me. I am looking forward to getting to know each other better. After the questions, we

played some games and listened to german and Croatian music together. I was very surprised to find

out that one student's favorite song was a german song from a very famous german rapper! In the

afternoon I took a walk around Zagreb end enjoyed the autumn weather. I spent the evening talking

to Khalil, who volunteered at the center before me. It is the next morning and he is grocery shopping

to get the ingredients to make us some Shakshuka. I am in Zagreb in a beautiful apartment, everyone

is nice, the students are lovely, I will get some Shakshuka, life is good.

Primjedbe

Popularni postovi s ovog bloga

Volontiranje - Sara Blažeković

Prvi Dio moga volontiranja

Novi Vinodolski maturalno putovanje